Urgent – Entry Deadline Changes
Explanation of the NEW TexasMusicForms.com and Charms System on Entry Deadlines and Entry Fees
This is basically the same system as we have always had, but with the added SOFT and REAL deadlines:
- The “SOFT” deadline is 37 days prior to the first day of the event. The “REAL” deadline is 30 days prior to the first day of the contest. (These deadlines have been historically “suggested” by the state office, but can be at the discretion of the Region Executive Committee.)
- Entries should be complete on or before the “SOFT” deadline. If the online entry is done after the “SOFT” deadline, the late fee is automatically charged and will appear on the Invoice Form 1A. (This part is built into the system and is not negotiable.)
- As long as the online entry is done before the “SOFT” deadline, there is no late fee IF the entry fee and Invoice Form 1A are received before the “REAL” deadline.
- If the online entry is attempted after the “real” deadline, the system will lock you out and not allow you to enter! (In this case, you must contact the executive secretary and request an “override” to the system to allow the late entry. This could potentially delay scheduling and impact timely communication. The late fee will be charged.)
EXCEPTION: Because of the late start to spring semester, as well as access to grades and eligibility, the Solo and Ensemble deadlines have been adjusted as follows:
String S&E: SOFT deadline is January 10. HARD deadline is January 15.
Vocal S&E: SOFT deadline is January 11. HARD deadline is January 18.
Band S&E: SOFT deadline is January 12. HARD deadline is January 19.
Do the initial entry before the SOFT deadline to avoid the organizational late fee of $50. It does not have to be complete! You can then add entries with no late fee until the HARD deadline. You will be blocked out after this.
LATE FEE BREAKDOWN:
- Late organizational entry (Marching Contest and Concert & Sight-reading Evaluations for Band/Choir/Orchestra) – $50 late fee per performing group
- Late solo or ensemble entry – $25 late fee per event, PLUS the regular $10 entry fee per individual solo or ensemble member